1. The educational philosophy of school of biotechnology, International University (BT-IU)
With an educational philosophy, standards, and practices based on the international liberal arts model, the purposes of BT-IU are to develop students’ personality by ensuring cultivation of character, development of abilities for independent life, life-long learning, leadership, necessary qualities as a civic responsibility, develop Vietnam’s human capital and contribute to humanity.
Knowledge creation and human talent cultivation for vietnam, regional, and the world in the field of biotechnology
A school leading in education, research, and social responsibility and becoming the world-class school of biotechnology in 2030.
- Promoting of convergence-oriented Vietnamese talents combining academic excellence and creativity
- Region-class research school leading a knowledge and creative economic
- Establishment of excellent laboratories based on cooperation and exchange
- For education: (1) creative human talent cultivation in field of biotechnology; (2) global life science and biotechnology leader cultivation; (3) human resource development and capacity building in the field of biotechnology.
- For research: (1) promotion of research excellent in the field of biotechnology; (2) innovation and entrepreneurship; (3) development of leading large-scale projects.
- For cooperation: (1) Diverse global cooperation; (2) a sharing and cooperating BT-IU.
- For Administration: (1) Autonomous and responsible management; (2) Pioneering the future educational environment.
Detailed action plan for strategies
- Strengthening of student-centered teaching innovation and e-learning
- Supporting creative design and convergence education
- Freedom and creative educational environment
- English lecture and English education for national and regional talent cultivation
- Strengthening of efforts to recruit outstanding faculty
- Identifying and recruiting creative talented students
- Support for excellent research project identification by seeking funds from national and international projects
- Securing specialized graduate students and researchers
- Establishment model biotechnology laboratories
- Research for national regenerative biomedicine and agriculture, and safe foods industry
- Establishment a national center for preservation of rare genotypes of animals and plants
- Synergy of research cooperation, diversification of education and research cooperation, student and cultural exchange for global leadership
- Enhancement of the BT-IU image for high school students and the people
- Expansion of special programs for high school, undergraduate, and graduate gifted in biotechnology
- Expansion of cooperation with the national and regional communities
- Establishment of a performance management system
- Strengthening of staff training
- Establishment and operation of employees Career development programs
- Provision of customer-oriented administration services