Entrance Exam Groups: A, A1, B, D1
Program Code: 7420201
Detailed Program: Click Here
Detailed Master's Program: Click Here
Detailed Doctorate Program: Click Here
With University of the West of England
- Accumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) at the International University for the first two years: ≥ 50
- English Proficiency: IELTS ≥ 6.0 (each component score ≥ 5.5)
Detailed Program: Click Here
With University of Nottingham
- Accumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) at the International University for the first two years: ≥ 60
- English Proficiency: IELTS ≥ 6.0 (each component score ≥ 5.5)
Detailed Programs: Click Here
(Click to view)
1. Calculus 1 2. Physics 1 (General Mechanics) 3. Biology 4. Practice in Biology 5. Chemistry for Engineers 6. Chemistry Laboratory 7. Writing AE1 (Academic Writing) 8. Listening AE1 (Listening & Note-taking) 9. Physics 2 (Fluid Mechanics & Thermal Physics) 10. Writing AE2 (Research Paper Writing) 11. Speaking AE2 (Effective Presentations) 12. Critical Thinking 13. Organic Chemistry 14. Introduction to Biotechnology 15. Philosophy Marx - Lenin 16. Marxist - Leninist Political Economy 17. Environmental Science 18. Genetics 19. Practice in Genetics 20. Plant Physiology 21. Analytical Chemistry 22. Practice in Analytical Chemistry 23. Scientific Socialism 24. Biostatistics 25. Practice in Biostatistics 26. Biochemistry 27. Practice in Biochemistry 28. Microbiology 29. Practice in Microbiology 30. Cell Biology 31. Human Physiology 32. History of Vietnamese Communist party 33. Ho Chi Minh’s Thoughts 34. Molecular Biotechnology 35. Practice in Molecular Biotechnology 36. Immunology 37. Practice in Immunology 38. Molecular Genetics 39. Bioinformatics 40. Practice in Bioinformatics 41. Biotechnology Internship 42. Experimental Design 43. Plant Science 44. Developmental Biology 45. Scientific Writing Workshop 46. Human Pharmacology 47. Protein Biotechnology 48. Practice in Protein Biotechnology 49. Bioprocess Engineering 50. Practice in Bioprocess Engineering 51. Project Management 52. Introduction to Business Administration 53. Business Communication 54. Medical Genetics 55. Practice in Medical Genetics 56. Crop Biotechnology 57. Practice in Crop Biotechnology 58. Techniques in Plant Biotechnology 59. Practice in Techniques in Plant Biotechnology 60. Pharmaceutical Biotechnology 61. Practice in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology 62. Molecular Diagnostics 63. Practice in Molecular Diagnostics 64. Reproductive and Regenerative Biomedicine 65. Practice in Reproductive and Regenerative Biomedicine 66. Stem Cell Biology 67. Practice in Stem Cell Biology 68. Medical Microbiology 69. Practice in Medical Microbiology 70. Microbial Biotechnology 71. Practice in Microbial Biotechnology 72. Thesis
The School of Biotechnology school at International University offers Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctor of Science Degrees who will be able to work in Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, Research Centers, Universities, Hospitals and Businesses in the field of biotechnology. The School of Biotechnology focuses on:
1. Development of the fundamental technology of biotechnology (in which genetic engineering, enzymes - proteins are prioritized) in research and development of technologies and its applications for the following areas: health, agriculture, industrial processing, environmental protection, national security and defense.
2. Operation of the technological process, and developing of materials and products based on modern technology to serve health, agriculture, industry and national security.
The main approaches of the research and training:
1. Genome and gene transfer technology:
- Research applications of transgenic technology, gene-silencing technology in modifying microorganisms, plants and animals;
- Develop molecular marker systems for agriculture and health;
- Disease diagnosis and treatment using genetic engineering;
- Gene sequencing:Sequencing plants and animals which have high economic values (like rice, coffee, etc.)
2. Process of protein production technology and recombinant vaccines:
- Research in recombinant proteins used in medical diagnosis andtreatment, and breeding animals and plants.
- Research in producing new vaccine-eneration (recombinant) against dangerous and emerging diseases in animals and in humans.
3. Development of microbial technology within biotechnology-oriented industry:
- Research and development of microbial products for the production of enzyme, pesticides, medicine, vaccines, preservation and processing;
- Research in production of biofilm used in medicine, manufacturing and daily life.
4. Development of cell technology:
- Advanced technology in plants’ implantation and rapid propagation with industrial scale and rapid biomass production ofrare and valuable medicinal plants for pharmaceutical industry.
- Technology for generating cell lines in order to produce probiotics.
- Development of algal biotechnology to meet the needs of bioenergy production and functional foods.
5. Research in reprogrammed cells and stem cells
- Re-programming cell
- Gene transfer
- Advanced Biotechnology for reproduction
Objective: genetic conservation of exotic animals, [production of new livestock’s breed with high pharmaceutical and economic value and production of stem cells or replacement organs applicable in medical therapy.
LABORATORY FOR CELLULAR REPROGRAMMING & REGENERATIVE BIOMEDICINE (http://crl.bio.hcmiu.edu.vn/)
LABORATORY FOR APPLIED BIOTECHNOLOGY FOR CROP DEVELOPMENT
LABORATORY FOR MOLECULAR CELL BIOLOGY
LABORATORY FOR MOLECULAR GENETICS & MEDICAL GENETICS
LABORATORY FOR GENOME PRESERVATION (CELL BANKING)
LABORATORY FOR MICROBIOLOGIAL RESEARCH
ANIMALS CARE & FACILITIES
Introduction of School of Biotechnology, International University - VNU HCMC
Admission Consultant from Dean of School of Biotechnology at International University - Vietnam National University
Orientation on the admission of School of Biotechnology, International University - VNU HCMC
SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY, INTERNATION UNIVERSITY OFFICIALLY SINED THE MOU WITH COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, NATIONAL CENTRAL UNIVERSITY, TAIWAN (R.O.C)
In January 4th. 2023, School of Biotechnology, International University, Vietnam National University of Hochiminh City officially signed the MOA with College of Health Science and Technology, National Central University, Taiwan (R.O.C). This MOU allows the two schools to reach the agreements: 1. Promoting institutional exchange by inviting faculty and staff to participant in joint research projects; 2. Promoting the exchange of essays, publication, and information related to research; 3. Promoting dual degree program; 4. Promoting students exchange program. Cooperation Memorandum of Understanding signed by Dr. Nguyen Van Thuan, Dean of the Faculty of Biotechnology, International University, and Dr. Chi Hung Juan, Dean of Faculty of Health Science and Technology, National University, Taiwan. The MOU is valid for 5 years from the date of signing.
SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY SIGNED A MOU IN THE COOPERATION WITH DEPARTMENT OF INFERTILITY - HUNG VUONG HOSPITAL
This MOU is made possible on the basis of cooperation in developing training programs together with research and technologies transfer, in which priority is given to the following areas: Research and application of technology; technical training, scientific publication and development of new techniques for treatment of infertility. In addition, the two parties will delegate personnel and prepare facilities for teaching and research purposes; exchange students, trainees, internship for students, to visit when necessary; cooperate in organizing academic exchange activities including but not limited to: conferences and seminars.
SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY, INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, VIETNAM NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF HCM CITY SIGNED A MOU IN COOPERATION WITH FACULTY OF LIFE AND ENVIROMENTAL SCIENCES, UNIVERSITY OF YAMANASHI, JAPAN
This agreement will generally promote activities in the following principal areas: exchange of students, exchange of faculty and staffs, collaborative research, instructional and cultural programs, exchange of research information.
SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY, INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, VIETNAM NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF HCM CITY SIGNED A MOU IN COOPERATION WITH DEPARTMENT OF BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, GWANGJU IMSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, KOREA
This agreement will generally promote activities in the following principal areas: exchange of faculty members, exchange of students, joint researchs.
SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY, INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, VIETNAM NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF HCM CITY SIGNED A MOU IN COOPERATION WITH TAM ANH HOSPITAL, HANOI CITY, VIETNAM
On the basis of promoting each other's strengths, the Department of Biotechnology and Tam Anh General Hospital agreed to cooperate in training, research and technology transfer in order to improve the quality and efficiency of each party's activities. This agreement will generally promote activities in the following principal areas: activities of research and development of new techniques in the field of stem cells applied in the treatment of chronic and cosmetic diseases. cooperation in the field of training: Faculty of Biotechnology organizes training courses to foster knowledge and improve qualifications for staff and medical doctors of Tam Anh General Hospital; Tam Anh General Hospital will receive students of the school of Biotechnology to practice in the field of assisted reproductive technology (ART), stem cell application in treatment, internship. The two sides will exchange information on their research and development activities, exchange management experiences and domestic and foreign cooperation relations to promote the resources and scientific and training reputation of the two sides.
THE 5TH SCIENTIFIC NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BIOLOGICAL RESEARCH AND EDUCATION IN VIETNAM (AUGUST 2022)
THE SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE CELL REPROGRAMMING AND REPRODUCTIVE BIOTECHNOLOGY (2019)
THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CELL REPROGRAMMING AND REPRODUCTIVE BIOTECHNOLOGY (2018)
THE 10th ANNUAL MEETING OF ASIAN REPRODUCTIVE BIOTECHNOLOGY SOCIETY (2013)
The School of Biotechnology of International University received the right to host the 2023 international conference on stem cells
On December 9, 2022, the Stem Cell Conference in Ho Chi Minh City. HCM opened with the theme "Future of stem cell research". Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Thuan, Dean of the Department of Biotechnology and he is also the Vice President of the City Stem Cell Association. HCM was invited to be the main report of the plenary session. Over 200 lecturers, researchers, students and managers from universities, research institutes, hospitals, centers of Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh participated in the Conference.
At the end of the Conference, the Council of the Ho Chi Minh City Stem Cell Association has decided and granted the right to organize 2023 stem cell conference for the School of Biotechnology, International University, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh. On behalf of the Faculty of Biotechnology - International University, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Thuan received the right to organize the Stem Cell Conference from Assoc.Prof.MD. Tran Cong Toai, president of HCM Stem Cell Society. The School of Biotechnology also expects to receive more reports from domestic and foreign researchers and graduate students.
Congratulations to 91 newly-graduated Ph.D., MSc., and BSc. of Department of Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology, International University, VNU.HCMC
On the morning of November 26, 2022 at Tran Chi Dao Hall, the International University – Vietnam National University of Hochiminh City held a solemn graduation ceremony for 91 new graduate students of the department of Biotechnology (1 Ph.D., 7 MSc, and 83 BSc.). On behalf of Department Board, Department members, and staff of Department of Biotechnology, Wewould like to congratulate you and your family. We wishes all of you will find excellent jobs that match your passions after graduation and wish you much success in the future.
Delegation of Ghent University (Belgium) visit School of Biotechnology - International University
On the morning of November 3, 2022, School of Biotechnology - International University - Vietnam National University and Ghent University had a general discussion about the cooperation opportunities in many aspects including training programs, research activities and students exchange program for Biotechnology and Food technology majours. Founded in 1817, Ghent University is one of the most prestigious university in Belgium. Ghent University is the top 150 best university in the word. Currently, Ghent University has 11 faculties and near 50.000 students. With the spirit of cooperation and sharing of experience, representatives of Ghent University and National University disscussed openly and creating a permise for the future memorandum of agreement.
WELCOME FRESHMEN 2022 OF DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
STUDENTS OF K22 RECEIVED FULL AND HALF SCHOLARSHIP OF SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
GRADUATION CEREMONY OF BIOTECHNOLOGY 2020
Vice Prime Minister & Foreign Minister H.E. PHAM BINH MINH visit the cellular Reprogramming Lab of Department of Biotechnology (03/10/2020)
The visiting of former president of Viet Nam and President of Vietnam National University, HCM to Department of Biotechnology on April 2022.
The visiting of H.E. Tran Tuan Anh, a politburo member, Head of the Central Economic Commission to Department of Biotechnology
Van Thai Chi
|Graduated BSc in Biotechnology in 2013
Graduated MSc in Biotechnology in 2014
|In 2013, MSc.Thai Van Chi graduated BSc in Biotechnology at International University – VNU HCMC. After that, he graduated MSc in Biotechnology at International University - VNU HCMC in 2017. At the present, MSc. Van Thai continue study PhD program at Marshall Centre - UWA||Marshall Centre - UWA|
Nguyen Dac Sang
|Graduated BsC in Biotechnology in 2014||In 2014, MSc.Nguyen Dac Sang graduated BSc in Biotechnology at International University – VNU HCMC. At the present, He is studying PhD program at VIB-KU Leuven Center for Microbiology||Research centers|
Pham Ho Trong Nhan
|Graduated BsC in Biotechnology in 2015||
In 2014, PhD. Nguyen Dac Sang graduated BSc in Biotechnology at International University – VNU HCMC.
In 2022, he graduated Ph.D degree at School of Life Sciences, University of Technology Sydney.
Ngo Xuan Yen
|BSc of Biotechnology in 2016||Dr. Ngo Xuan Yen graduated BSc. of Biotechnology on 2016. Ms. Ngo Xuan Yen obtained her Ph.D. from Tsukuba University in the field Biomedical Science. At the present, Dr. Ngoc Xuan Yen is Postdoctoral at Laboratory for Human Biomimetic System of RIKEN institute - Japan, a world class research institute.||Postdoctoral at RIKEN Institute - Japan|
Nguyen Dang Bich Tram
|Graduated BSc. of Biotechnology on 2017 and MSc of Biotechnology in 2020||MSc. Nguyen Dang Bich Tram graduated BSc. of Biotechnology in 2017, after that she entered MSc. program in Biotechnology and graduated in 2020. She is currently an embryologist at Tu Du Hospital, a leading hospital in Vietnam for obstetrics and infertility treatment.||Tu Du Hospital - Infertility Center|
Nguyen Phuong Tuyen
|Graduated BSc in Biotechnology in 2018||In 2018, Nguyễn Phương graduated BSc in Biotechnology at International University – VNU HCMC. At present, she is studying phD program at University of EXTER.||MRC CENTRE FOR MEDICAL MYCOLOGY|
Pham Quoc Dinh
|Graduated BSc in Biotechnology in 2018
Graduated MSc in Biotechnology in 2022
|MSc. Pham Quoc Dinh graduated BSc. of Biotechnology in 2018, after that he entered MSc. program in Biotechnology and graduated in 2022||Cell Reprogramming Laboratory – International University – VNU HCMC|
Nguyen Nguyen Chuong
|Graduated BSc in Biotechnology in 2019||In 2019, Nguyen Nguyen Chuong graduted BSc in Biotechnology. After that, they started studying Master Program at Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Advanced Convergence Technology and Science - Jenju National University, Korea. Scholarship BK21 program , Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF), funded by the Ministry of Education and Science & ICT.||Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Advanced Convergence Technology and Science - Jenju National University, Korea|
Nguyen Ngoc Hai
|Graduated BSc in Biotechnology in 2019||In 2019, Nguyen Ngoc Hai graduated BSc in Biotechnology at International University – VNU HCMC. Now, he is studying Ph.D program at Dartmouth College||Dartmouth College|
Nguyễn Liêu Kim Chi
|Graduated BSc in Biotechnology in 2020||
In 2020, Nguyen Lieu Kim Chi graduated BSc in Biotechnology at International University. Now, she is studying PhD program at Laboratory Animal Resource Center - Tsukuba University (Human Biology Program)